Saturday, April 24, 2010

If you have something to say...

Clara is a talker. I remember when I took her for her 2 year check up. Dr. D asked how many words she was able to say and I just looked at him. Seriously, you want me to count? I had no idea so I just told him...about 50? I know I shortchanged her.

Lately it seems like the words are multiplying faster than hamsters. She is talking in sentences - big sentences. Granted, there are quite a few consonants that are interchangeable, we speak her language and know what she is saying. She is also giving her opinion, which I find entertaining. The other day I had just gotten my haircut. I picked her up from Grandma and we were driving to the store. From the backseat I hear this little voice say, "I like your haircut. Did you get a sucker?" First of all, I was thrilled with the compliment from one of my favorite people. Second, I was tickled that she thought I would be crying during my haircut and need a sucker to calm down.

This afternoon she came to me clutching her hand-me-down Cinderella dress and garage sale fairy wings. She said, "Will you put my wings on so I can fly." It sounded like, "'ill you put my ings on toe I can pie" I stripped her down to her diaper and helped her dress herself in her "priddy kirt." I strapped her wings on her and watcher her take off with her hands high above her head while making the best swishing sound she was capable of.

4 comments:

Gardners said...

Little girls are fun!

millisa said...

what a doll face!

Janae said...

She is so darling! She can come join my family any day. :)

SkippyMom said...

Love to you all Amy. Kisses to the sweetest fairy I have ever seen.