Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Clara's First Day of Preschool


Clara had her first day of preschool today. I wasn't going to put her in this year because she's going to Mrs. M next year who will basically have her ready for college by the end of the year. To be honest, I also didn't want to put her in because she is my baby. I figured If I kept her out of preschool it would prevent her from growing up. From what I hear, it doesn't work, so I went ahead an put her in.

She was very excited to go. She wore her "farkle pants and her farkle heart shirt." She was supposed to wear the new converse shoes I bought her last month, but when we went to put them on, her feet wouldn't fit. We ended up dropping Thomas off at school and making an emergency stop at Kohls to buy new ones.

I dropped her off and then decided that I would try to become a Starbucks Laptop Hobo. I made it 30 minutes and then started going crazy. I'm not cut out for hanging in Starbucks. I ended up driving around and stopping at random stores trying to kill time. It was hard being childless. I finally pulled up to the preschool and waited for 30 minutes in the car. I'm sure I will grow fond of having alone time on a regular basis, but for now it is just odd.

She had a great time. When I asked her what she did she said, "we talked about bodies and I got a red sucker."

Sounds like a perfect day if you ask me.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

WOW! So grown up Amy. Hard having an empty house. I know.

[I am over here tearing up and Pooldad is laughing at me. Sniff, sniff I remember when they were babies. Sigh]

She looks so pretty. :)

Kim said...

I totally get it. I have been known to wander aimlessly around stores to kill time too. Really does a number on the ole budget though. Can't hang out at Starbucks or Panera either. I don't know how those people do it for so long.