Friday, February 15, 2008


Happy Valentines Day - A Day Late!
Yesterday was Valentines Day and we had a pretty good day. Steve had to work, but Thomas, Clara and I were home. While Clara did what she does best, sleep, Thomas and I made sugar cookies. If you know our Thomas, you know that he is a budding chef. He LOVES to cook. He has been "helping" me cook since he was old enough to stand on a chair.
We rolled out the dough and cut the shapes, while singing the to the Wiggle song "Dough, Dough, Dough." We baked the cookies, but by the time it came to decorate them Thomas had moved on to another activity. I should have known. Most kids would be more anxious for the decorating part, but not Thomas. He is more interested in the mixing and baking part.
Steve and I decided that we would celebrate V-Day on Saturday night and take the kids out to dinner. We decided to go to Red Robin, for Thomas's sake, and had a great time. The couple sitting next to us began commenting on how beautiful Clara is and we started talking to them. They had a little girl who was about 2 1/2. Thomas looked at her and waved and then blew her a kiss. We were laughing about it and still making small talk with the other family. When it was time to leave, Thomas wanted to get out to say goodbye to the people. Thomas went up to the little girl and gave her a hug, and then kissed her - on the lips! It was really cute, but I couldn't help but thinking about germs. Oh well, what can you do? I guess he knew what he wanted for Valentines Day

No comments: