The last couple of nights have been pretty rough for Thomas. On Monday night, he woke me up at 3:00 am to let me know there were spiders in his bed. I just pulled him into bed with us and tried to get him to fall asleep. I didn't want him to wake Clara who was in the bassinet next to me, or Steve who had gotten to bed late. He kept sitting up and making the movements like he was brushing bugs off of him. He would not lay still so I ended up taking him into his room. He was quiet for about 10 minutes and then made his way back into our room. Steve took him back and gave him a cracker and a drink and then came back to bed. Again, 10 minutes passed and he was back at my bedside telling me there were spiders in his bed. I took him back to his room and showed hime ther were no spiders. He wanted me to change his sheets, but I was not going to do that at 4:00 in the morning. I ended up getting a blanket and sleeping on his floor until he fell asleep. It was a rough night. Last night, the same thing happened but he waited until 4:00am to start this time. We went through the same motions as the night before and I started to fall asleep on his floor. At 5:15, Clara started to cry because she was hungry. Thomas had fallen asleep so I went and got her and went to nurse her. About 5 minutes later, Thomas opens his door sobbing that I left him.
I was so frustrated, but I kept my cool. I felt bad for him, I am sure he was having some bad dreams about spiders. I also can relate to him because I was the same way as a kid. I totally remember waking my mom nightly, probably until I was 12 years old (she will tell you older than that I am sure). I was so afraid of the dark and scary night time things. I think Thomas has this same characteristic.
I guess I am learning the definition of "paybacks."





3 comments:
Poor Little Guy! Luckily, once Mikey gets to sleep, we're good for the night. A bomb could go off and he wouldn't wake up. It's getting him to sleep that's our issue.
Have you tried putting a t.v. in there? At least maybe the noise will calm him. Just make sure it's not Spiderman! :)
Hi Amy! It's so fun to hear from you. Crazy how everyone has a blog now. I love it! Your kids are too cute. I can't get over how much Thomas looks like Steve. I will add you to my list of blogs so I can keep checking out your cute pics. Where are you guys now? Still in Lamplight? We need to catch up. Tell Steve HI!!!
Chelsie
That is the ickiest spider picture EVER!!!
Post a Comment