Sunday, February 8, 2009

2 Weeks of blogging in one post.

I can't believe that it has been almost 2 weeks since my last post. I have been getting questions from friends and family. Some have asked if I am on strike, others have asked if we have been sick, and then there were demands for more posts because they don't want to keep looking at the pretty lady from the last post every time they checked up on us.

I wish I had some really good excuse, but I don't. If being cranky is an excuse, then I will use that one - because I have been. Lack of sleep, too much sugar, and PMS do not mix. Take it from me, it's like playing with fire!

So, here are 10 things I would have blogged about if I had been in the mood for blogging in no particular order (because I messed up on the order of the picture downloads).

1. I have attempted to go back to Weight Watchers. I did really good in the fall, but once the holidays hit I fell off the wagon, big time. I was meaning to go in January, but never really got around to it. I went on Monday thinking that the meeting started at 10:00, but when I walked in and had everyone turn around because I had interrupted the meeting, I realized I was wrong. I went up to the counter and got a meeting schedule and walked out. To tell you the truth I was kind of happy that I missed it, because I had one more week of eating nothing but junk. I go back tomorrow morning, ready or not.

2. We have had 2 full days of rain. Unbelievable! It has been so pretty and such a welcome change. Thomas was thrilled with the rain, so thrilled that he came into our room yesterday morning at 5 am to let us know that it was raining and that we needed to go outside and use his green umbrella.


3. Clara still needs a haircut. Enough said.


4. Clara has officially joined the walkers club. She has been trying for a couple months now, but about 3 weeks ago, she decided that she was done with crawling. We now have to check her feet instead of her shins to see how dirty my floors are.


5. Just a cute picture I would have posted had I felt like it.


6. and another one I liked. I love denim and red.


7. I posted a while ago about my new found addiction, coupons. This little trip to the grocery store retailed for $122.00, I paid $59.00, and that wasn't even one of my best trips. I kept track of all of my receipts for the month of January. The retail of what I spent was $759.49 and my out of pocket expense was $267.43.

8. Because of my superior savings, Steve set up a house cleaning for me. I spent Saturday morning picking up my house so it would be ready for the cleaners when they came. Usually I pay to clean the whole house. This time we used someone who charged by the hour. Not only did they break my vacuum cleaner, they took 30 minutes to clean a bathroom that had just been cleaned by me a couple days prior. After 2 1/2 hours, I sent them home because I was getting upset seeing how much time they were wasting, not to mention the broken vacuums cleaner I now have to fix or replace.

9. There is a little cupcake shop we like to go to. Last week I brought some home for us. This one is mine and Thomas' favorite, it is called the sprinkle doughnut cupcake. Who wouldn't love that!

10. About a week ago I made spinach calzones for dinner. After I had finished making them, I had a little bit of dough left sitting on the counter. I went back into the kitchen after doing a couple of other things around the house and found Thomas on the floor rolling out the dough with my rolling pin. I wanted to throw the dough away, but he insisted on making a pizza and cooking it. Thank heavens he forgot about it by the time it was cool, because he would have been eating about a days worth of crumbs and gunk that had been on the kitchen floor.
Oh, and one more thing...My blogiversary is this week, so make sure you check back for another apron giveaway.

9 comments:

nickel... said...

Are you at all scared that I spotted your new post approx 4 mins after you posted it? :)

I just wanted to say that I think that was a highly effective catch up post. I quite enjoyed it!

And a big BOO! to that cleaning lady. I day dream often these days about having someone come clean all the things I just keep putting off. I'll have to get the number of who not call.

SkippyMom said...

"We now have to check her feet instead of her shins to see how dirty my floors are."

If you didnt' think I loved ya' before, please know you are my new hero!!!!!!!!

I swear you put into words everything that I went through when my kids were babes, but not astute enough to - oh, i don't know - WRITE DOWN? LOL

Thank you, thank you thank you for the update [except the cleaning lady...bah! sorry about that] I miss you when you are gone, but with two lil' ones and a full time life I do understand.

To paraphrase my 11 y.o. - reading your blog today was "Like, oh gosh, Christmas at 4 am!"

Heehee...take care...and you have a great fan! Hugs to y'all.

Me said...

So glad to see you back. I am a blog slacker, too, so I can't judge you. And I totally think PMS is an excuse, my hormones take control of me and I get cranky, too. I need you to help me with the couponing, I am not that good yet. I am still scared.

Merrill Family said...

Glad to see a new post. I can't say too much because I have not been in a blog posting mood lately either. I'll be checking back for your blogiversay, I would love to win a cute apron!

Anonymous said...

Will you do my shopping too?

Jessica said...

It must be in the air... I've been too cranky to blog too! Riley was so excited about the rain too... I so impressed with your couponing! Allen was doing that too about a year ago. It's such a rush to see your bill drop by half or more :) Good luck on finding a new cleaning service!

Michelle said...

Wasn't the rain wonderful? Such a nice change!
I have to admit, I'd rather look at those ultra-precious pics of Clara ALL day than the pierced girl from your last post. :)
However, if you were going to take a break from blogging at least you left on a good note... that last post about the guitar shop was absolutely hillarious. Every time I think about it I chuckle! I even read it to my mom the other day.

i said...

whew! youve been busy!! i love the red stool pic!

Anonymous said...

hey - are you still going to do a coupon class? don't forget to invite me :)