Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The one about Bonnie Springs

Way back, many days ago... like Monday, March 2nd we took a little field trip out to Bonnie Springs. We thought it would be fun for the kids to visit a petting zoo, plus the weather was great. When I was growing up, Bonnie Springs was a fun, nice place. ( Or maybe I was just too young to pick up on how gross it was back when I was a wee one. ) Guess what? It's not anymore.
This picture pretty much sums up the outing in a nutshell. It stunk. Not only was it really smelly, it was dirty and the animals all looked like they needed to be put out of their misery. We had fun being together, but we were anxious to get into our car and treat ourselves to a round of hand sanitizer.


Thomas and Clara were both fascinated with the jail. Hopefully they got it all out of their system.

I loved this lion. It reminded me of the one that was at the old Wonder World right outside the liquor store.

Thomas also like the Marlboro Camel Ride.

Then I got pooped on.
Clara has a new found love of dirt and rocks. At least she didn't eat this dirt, she has been known to snack on playground dirt.


Love it.


This is the only way I am able to get my kids to take a picture with me. I have to hold them down.

Clara couldn't understand why we let her have her hand stamped.

Random Rooster

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Loved all of this! It brought back so many memories. You capture such great pictures for memories!!! I love the kids behind the painted board. Too funny. I love that Clara's squishy face with you two together. She looks to be saying, "Oh come on Mom! Give me a break!" Love the Daddy pictures too. And that rooster is pretty much awesome. Peace out.

i said...

i love the poop on your arm. so random. :) i have wanted to go to b.s.....now, i do NOT. thanx for enlightening me.

Pamela said...

This is hilarious. You're life is never boring! How fun to spend a stinky day with the good old family.