Saturday, May 9, 2009

For my Bestest BFF

I have the best friend a girl could ask for. Amy and I (yes, we have the same name) met in high school and have stuck around each other for the past 18 years. We have been there for each other for pretty much everything life can throw at you...new boyfriends, breakups, marriages, births, and deaths. Both of us are the only girls in our families, so we kind of adopted one another as sisters. I love her and don't know what I would do without her.
.
Yesterday she reminded me of why she is the greatest.
.
First of all, around midnight I was up waiting for the Old Navy coupons to reset (I do have other things to do at midnight, but I was waiting for my floors to dry because late at night is the only time you can wash them without dirty little feet following behind the mop). I sent her a quick email that said "Are you waiting for coupons too?" and within minutes I had a response. I knew she was up doing the same thing. Not only was she up, she found the coveted $60 off $100 purchase and made sure she emailed me one before they were all found.
.
Later on in the afternoon, she brought her son by to play with Thomas. She also made sure she brought the box of clothes that she had just ordered that didn't fit. She wanted to see if I liked any of them before she sent them back. She also wanted to make sure I had the same lovely experience of trying to squeeze a body that had birthed and nursed babies into skirts and tops that were meant for girls who hadn't.
.
Then around 7 pm these beautiful flowers were delivered to my door with simple note that said "glad were friends."

Thanks, Amy. I am glad we're friends, too.

Clara was beyond thrilled with them. She kept smelling them and saying "Mmmmmm." and "oh, wow!"

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

How wonderful. Isn't it great?

Now, about those coupons- can you tell me about this,please? :D

Have a wonderful Mother's Day. You definitely deserve it! [mopping floors at midnight? Ack I remember those days.]

Ginger said...

Wow what a friend! So cool of her to think of you like that. Especially great when it's a surprise.

P.S. - I want to have you come here and talk about the coupon stuff. Give me days that are good for you and I'll get some women over.

Gardners said...

Thank you. (I love a good cry first thing in the morning.)

Me said...

It is wonderful to have a friend that good. I love that picture from your teenage years!

Kat said...

Its so nice to have friends like that. I have a friend Mahnee and she always pops around to my place unannounced with cupcakes or other goodies that she has been baking just because.

Pamela said...

That is such a cute photo and I love the mysterious hands hugging her waist!