Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is that really my job?


Thomas is growing up. A tad too fast if you ask me. One of the problems we have is he thinks he is an adult. When he gets reprimanded for doing something, he always turns around and uses the same "sayings" on us as we use on him. I have been asked "Mom, why are you acting this way?" or "You know I don't like it when you talk to me like that." It takes everything in me to keep a straight face and not laugh. Today it couldn't be helped, I lost it and couldn't stop laughing.

Thomas was running across the family room and stubbed his toe on Clara's sippy cup that was laying on the floor. He hit his toe, then grabbed it while falling towards the couch. I quickly came to his aid and asked if he was all right, but instead of answering my my question he very sternly said...


"Mom, why is that cup on the floor? Don't you know you are the cleaner around here?"

I should have set him straight right then, but I couldn't get a hold of myself. I was laughing. Really hard and loud! Maybe next time I teach him how it really is. I'm sure I'll have the chance.

(Would you believe this picture was in my files - crazy how perfect it fit this post!)

6 comments:

millisa said...

priceless :) why did you let that cup be on the floor anyway, amy?? ;)

SkippyMom said...

ooooh is he going to learn that one day soon :) who the "cleaner" is going to be!

and yah, what's up with the cup Amy? heehee

ps - thanks for the "hanging on the doorknob" comment - I laughed so hard, it NEVER occured to us - we just always saw her as Po. LOL

Pamela said...

You have such a good attitude about things. I would have dropped kicked by kid into the next room. Ha Ha JK!

Darrell and Alissa said...

That is so funny- I would have laughed too!

Michelle said...

That is absolutely hillarious! And the picture's perfect, too.

i said...

kids sure put things into perspective, huh!?