Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bone to pick




Dear manufactures of mens' socks,

I have a question that has been on my mind for close to 9 years now. I am finally frustrated enough to ask. Why, why, why do you make black and blue socks so similar in color? Do you know the stress you cause me? They really all look the same unless you take them to the window, hold them up to the sunlight and squint your eyes together so you can try to decipher the difference.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

A wife and mother who has nothing better to do than try to figure out what color socks she is pairing up.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

My husband is colorblind. That would be with a capital "C"...lol.

I gave up caring a long time ago over the blues and blacks because his work will simply call me and say "Uh, Skippy did your husband come in today before you were awake? Um, ....because we were noticing that the plaid just didn't quite go with the strip."

His secretary is good that way. hee!

I do feel your pain tho.

SkippyMom said...

That should say "STRIPE" not strip.

Freud just rolled over.

Sarah C said...

I completely agree with you! Now I dont want my husband walking around with bright blue socks, but couldn't they put a white stripe on the toes of blue socks? I have wonder this same thing many times myself! Maybe on the next pack of blue socks I will try to do something like that myself.

*MARY* said...

Do those socks have their own big toe compartment? It looks like it.

Amy said...

Mary - yes they do. In our family we have great respect for the big toe. We feel it doesn't deserve to be stuck with all the little ones. Kind of like the oldest child having their own room.