Sunday, November 16, 2008

A little religion for you.


Steve and I had to stay after for church this afternoon to renew our recommends. We had both kids with us. While Steve was in his interview, I was trying to keep Thomas under control. He was starting to run around and I said, “Thomas, we don’t run in the church. It is Jesus’ house.”

When we were finished with the first round, we had to make our way over to the stake center to meet with the stake presidency. Thomas was bouncing off the walls at this point (who can blame him after being at church for 4 hours). He started to pull the cushions off the couch in the Stake Presidents office. I turned to him and said, “Thomas, leave those cushions alone! We are in Jesus’ house and we need to be good.” He turned to me, and with a completely amazed look said, “You mean Jesus has TWO HOUSES?!!!”

7 comments:

*MARY* said...

Our church is the stake center, so our Jesus only has one house :(

Michelle said...

That's funny! I love it. How did you respond?

Amy said...

I said "yes, he has many houses." But by this point he was bouncing off another wall and wasn't paying attention.

Merrill Family said...

I love it, so funny. Kids say the funniest things.

Anonymous said...

Granddad and I usually check for "redhead news" before we head for bed. It's so nice to lie there and laugh about the antics at your house. You never disappoint!! What a priceless time, although you probably don't see it as such a lot of the time.
Love you all,
Grandma Barb

i said...

kid understanding is so fun and confusing! we had an old ward clerk that sat at a place on the stand whom i thought was the prophet spencer w. kimball for MANY years...so fun!

SkippyMom said...

Kids do say the darndest things, don't they? Yours are adorable!

I love Grandma Barb too! I wish my Momma would use the computer and be able to keep up on our blog.

Love you Grandma!