1st Reason - Breaking Dawn is being released tomorrow. I know! I can’t believe that I am that excited for a book to come out. This is so not me. I swore up and down I would not get into the Twilight books, (my mom refers to them as “those voodoo books you read“) but I am. I have been to the Stephanie Meyer website several times just looking to see if there is some kind of message that says, ”just kidding all you fans, go get your books now!” My book is supposed to be delivered to my house tomorrow morning, however I am seriously thinking about attending one of the midnight release parties and buying a 2nd copy and returning the one I ordered from The Wal-Mart. What’s a girl to do?
2nd Reason - The Rod Stewart concert is tomorrow night! Woo-hoo! Yes, I am a huge dork who likes un-cool music. I will totally own up to that. Steve and I took my mom last year and we loved the concert, so we are going again tomorrow night. We have awful seats, but who cares! It is just going to be fun to rock out with all the old people. Last year when we went, we tried to find someone who was close to our age and came up empty. On top of that, Steve kept on running into his physical therapy patients who are all old people. It was such a fun, magical night and I can’t wait to go again. I need to go out today and buy a gold lamaie top and some leather pants so I will fit in with the crowd. If anyone has some I can borrow, give me a call or post a comment.






10 comments:
You and Rod...perfect match! Hopefully you guys get to hang out again tomorrow. Happy Reading!
Just so you don't feel sooo bad, my girls and I are going to a Fang or Fur party tonight at Barns and Noble. I can't believe I
Thanks for keeping it real, Amy. I like Rod Stewart too. I think my granny may have a gold lamaie shirt you could borrow! :)
Kim,
I am going to go ahead an go to the release party at Deseret Book. I called and reserved my copy an hour ago. I don't have the patience to wait until tomorrow, and there is a chance it won't get delivered until Monday. I wish the Deseret Book Party was called "Fang or Fur," that is way too funny!
I haven't read these books yet. But I am about to hop on the dorky train myself.
I have to say, the more I read your blog, the more I like you. You are definately my kind of gal! August 2nd has been circled on my calandar for awhile too, but only because I'm speaking at a stake baptism... not as exciting, but important none the less. :) Hope you have a blast tomorrow!
So Amy, can I borrow your copy? (I'm sure by this time - 10:55 pm- you must be done.) When I read them I was finished in less than a week, with time tracking them down so as not to have to buy three books in one week. And as for Rod Stewart - too bad I read this late tonight. We have my Grandma's jewelery which includes the most "awesome" gold lame-like necklace. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier! Ha, Ha! Oh and Alex asked again when he was going to get to see "that one baby", so I guess I need to finally break down and bring him by. I'll call you soon!
Leah,.
Dang it! I really could have used that necklace.
You are more than welcome to borrow the book, you just have to get in line. I am only on pg 150 out of 750 (had too much going on today). Then Cystal is borrowing it, then a lady in my ward. If you want to read it now, I have my extra copy I need to return (still in mailing box), I'll sell it to you for $10.00.
...I got side tracked by kids. I can't believe I was willing to stay up that late for the party. We had a great time though and Ashley hasn't done anything but read since then. Hope you are loving it like we are.
I LOVE it! You are too funny! I went to a Twilight party (pics on the blog to come) at a friend's house, but unfortunately was too preggers to make it to the midnight party they went to. The bigger question is, have you finished it yet?! The Rod Stewart picture is too funny! You aren't the only one......I'm going to a New Kids On The Block concert in October! hee hee
PS Love the name "Fangs or Fur".....which do you prefer? I'm all about the Fangs!
Post a Comment