Today has been one of those days. I was standing in the kitchen getting dinner ready when I looked up and realized what a pig-pen we were living in. Do you ever have those moments when you think...Holy Mess, Batman! What happened in here?
I try to have things picked up before Steve gets home from work, but today it didn't happen. So what do I do instead of clean it up? Blog it, the modern woman's form of procrastination.
1. The vacuum is out, but never got used because as you can see, it would have just sucked up a bunch of mega-blocks. Then I would have had to deal with a crying 3 year old and had to explain to Steve why we need a new vacuum.
2. Laundry. This is how I spent most of the day. This is one load that hasn't made it to the baskets to spend the next 3 days sitting at the top of the stairs, waiting to be put away.
3. Clara's clothes. Usually you can find either kids' clothes on the family room floor in our house. For some reason my kids like to run around in a diaper / underwear. They get dressed everyday, but usually end up partly naked before 3:00 pm.
4. Toys on the floor. Not my fault, I didn't play with them.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who has days like this!





5 comments:
I only have one kid, and I can so relate. I was chuckling to myself the entire time I was reading your post...I was just thinking how good it is of you to try and have things picked up for your husband most days.
By the way, you really hit the nail on the head with that comment about blogging being the modern woman's form of procrastination. But, it also keeps us sane, right? Remember when you told me that the day would come that I no longer felt guilt about blogging while ignoring an important household task like mopping the floor? Well, that day has come.
that looks like my house every day. i could clean it and in 5 minutes it looks like that.,,, oh kids :) all of the things we'll miss when there gone :) i know i will ;)
Didn't you hear on the news that hurricane Thomas and tropical storm Clara were headed for Las Vegas? And no, you are not the only person that deals with this on a daily basis. It's called being a stay-at-home mom! :)
l love your pictures on the wall! and what a fun day the kids must have had! who cares about the mess... well, for me that's easier said then done! thanks for a piece of real life. i relate! :0)
Amy, you are doing everything right! Didn't you hear President Monsen say one day all the fingerprints will be gone and the laundry will disappear from the couch! So, he basically means it is SUPPOSED to be there while the kids are at home! I'm doing one thing right, yay!
I have to tell you, I was so flippin hungry when I talked to you earlier today, I literally wasn't thinking that straight. so chalk all my not-making-senseness to that, k?! haha
Post a Comment