Friday, December 26, 2008

My Christmas Week In Numbers


256

(approximation) The number of pictures taken until we finally had a family Christmas photo I was happy with. (honest sentence: The amount of pictures taken until I felt like I didn't look too fat in the picture.)


35
The number of full-size chocolate chip pumpkin loaves I made on Monday. Click here for the recipe. The site is my favorite recipe blog.




4

The number of PJ's I made for the family to wear Christmas eve. By some small Christmas miracle they were ready and wrapped by 8:00 am on Christmas Eve morning. It was so hard to make things for the family when the kids were always around and Steve had been off work for the past 2 weeks. There really isn't any time to sneak away and complete things. Steve can thank me later for not putting a picture of him in his pj's.



3
The number of weeks Steve had / has off until his new job at the hospital starts. It has been so nice to have him home. The kids and I are loving it. We are going to be sad when he goes back to work.


15

Loads of laundry Steve has done since being off work the last couple weeks. I have not touched the washer / dryer since he has been home. What a guy! Merry Christmas to ME!



4
The number of aprons I sewed.

1,245
The number of times I had to sweep my dining room after Clara or Thomas ate the Christmas treats given to us.



1
(1 am)The time I actually made it to bed on Christmas Eve (morning). This is the first time in years I have been in bed that early the night before Christmas.


6
(estimation) The number of inches of snow that kept our family grounded in WA and unable to make it for Christmas. They finally get to fly in tonight! We can't wait, the kids are so excited to finally see Grandma Barb, Grandad and Nana.





130

The number of Tamales I helped make with my friend Pattie. (Thanks again, I had so much fun and look forward to making it a tradition.)



2

The number of Tamale Steamers this town had left on Tuesday morning. The day before Christmas Eve is NOT the day to start looking for one. Thank heavens for Target and Walmarts online inventory checker.




17
The number of dollars I (I mean Santa) spent on ebay buying the beloved Superman toy Thomas has been talking non stop about. (My love of ebay is a post of its own!)


1:10


The ratio of the number of toys Clara cares about compared with the number we bought for her.

8 comments:

i said...

looks like you need an A baby to at to the C and T...that would be a fun one to spell :) i want to see your aprons. i soooo need to sew an apron and love seeing yours!

Shawnee said...

If you ever get into a fix with that tamale steamer, check out this post I saw: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-to-make-tamales-in-crockpot.html

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

My tamales are all gone. I passed most of them out! Cute p.js.

Amy said...

Thanks for the info, Shawnee. I looked at the site and am going to try it. SO COOL!

Karen said...

Looks like you had a great week! Love the family picture. You look beautiful!

SkippyMom said...

I can't believe I missed this post! It is so, so, so wonderful - love the PJs - love that you got to bed at 1 am [I hear ya' girlie...thank goodness they grow up...you will be able to move that 1 am back soon :D heehee]

LOVE the pic' - and the "fat" thing...oh c'mon! You're gorgeous - besides [no offense to him] your hubby is a big guy - he makes you look petite! [which I know you are!]

It is a lovely Christmas - again, sorry I missed the post...oops!

Anonymous said...

Here's anonymous Grandma Barb checking in. The holiday with you and the adorable children was fabulous. Thanks so much! The snowy downtown picture looks so much like Camas did.

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike, only I think you need to add an R to make "CTR."
G.B.