Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nothing like a little dip in the pool.

This afternoon, I was folding laundry (every once and a while it DOES happen) and enjoying my TIVO'd episode of GLEE while the kids were outside playing with the garden hose. Clara came in the house and kept telling me to come. She was repeating the same sentence, and I kept telling her, "just a minute." After all Doogie Houser was singing a duo with Mr. Morrison and it was awesome - I couldn't pause it. Then I figured out two words in her sentence, one was Thomas and the other was Help. She ran over to me, grabbed my finger and said, "Hurry." I had no other choice but to pause. I wasn't too worried because I couldn't hear any screaming, and Clara didn't appear to have any blood on her. I stepped out onto the porch to find this...

I guess it's time to invest in a plastic pool. I don't think there is enough room in there for both kids.

Thomas humored me for a few pictures but then started telling me I needed to hurry because he had put his roly polys in the "pool" and they were getting smashed.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

His roly polys? Oh Amy I afraid to ask.

Still that is too cute [and I like the rationale - "Well, I heard no yelling and there was no blood on Clara [paraphase]" - yes that is pretty much how I raised my kids. LOL.

Love the pics - he was an awfully good sport!

Robyn said...

oh the joy you must feel...and the camera you must wear around your neck to capture such moments!

Jessica said...

omg Amy, this made me laugh so hard! Thanks for sharing :)

i said...

poor roly poly's. cute boy in a bucket!!! ;)

Christine said...

CLASSIC!! So glad you got to capture the moment. This is Norman Rockwellesque.