Yesterday was one of those days. We didn't leave the house. I did some laundry, made dinner, and you know...did the whole housewife thing. I finally stumbled into the shower around 3:00, only because Steve would be home around 6:00 and I wanted to look like I had been part of the human race during the day.
After I got out of the shower, I made my way downstairs with Clara. Thomas was in the family room playing with his cars. I put Clara down on the carpet and thought, "cool, everything is under control, I'll go check the blogs." I was in there about 10 minutes when I heard...
Thomas: Mom, she pooped again!
Me: What?!
I came running out of the office with visions of baby poop all up Clara's back (a common occurrence around here)
Thomas: Gross, Mom!
Instead of mustard yellow walls and carpet, I turn the corner to see Thomas changing Clara's diaper and actually doing a really good job at it. He has her onsie off, her diaper untaped, and her legs in the air. He even had another diaper next to him.
I didn't know if I should be proud or embarrassed. Proud? Hey, I am training him well. His future wife will thank me and sing my praises when he changes his future children's diapers. Or is that embarrassed? Embarrassed because I was blogging and my 3-year old knew my 5-month old had pooped before I did.
After I got out of the shower, I made my way downstairs with Clara. Thomas was in the family room playing with his cars. I put Clara down on the carpet and thought, "cool, everything is under control, I'll go check the blogs." I was in there about 10 minutes when I heard...
Thomas: Mom, she pooped again!
Me: What?!
I came running out of the office with visions of baby poop all up Clara's back (a common occurrence around here)
Thomas: Gross, Mom!
Instead of mustard yellow walls and carpet, I turn the corner to see Thomas changing Clara's diaper and actually doing a really good job at it. He has her onsie off, her diaper untaped, and her legs in the air. He even had another diaper next to him.
I didn't know if I should be proud or embarrassed. Proud? Hey, I am training him well. His future wife will thank me and sing my praises when he changes his future children's diapers. Or is that embarrassed? Embarrassed because I was blogging and my 3-year old knew my 5-month old had pooped before I did.
I ended up finishing the job as he sat by and watched, but not before I grabbed my camera and got the shot. I had pictures that actually showed the poop, but I restrained myself. You can thank me later.
Not 10 minutes after all this happened, Clara was asleep in her swing and he was playing in the family room, again. I was in the . . . bathroom . . . yeah, that's right (wink, wink). I come out to find Thomas playing "let's make wigs like George Washington." It's a fabulous game. If you want to give it a try sometime all you need is a thing of baby powder and a 3-year old who likes to experiment with new hairstyles. Needless to say, I grabbed the vacuum and started sucking up the evidence before Steve got home. I even tried to get him to let me vacuum his head. Unfortunately, he wouldn't let me, he wanted to keep it on. I ended up just roughing his hair up every time I walked by him for the next hour.
P.S. If you come by our house during the next couple of days, don't be surprised if our whole downstairs smells like a baby's behind. All powdery fresh.
P.S.S. If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, it means that Steve has read this post, disconnected the computer and has banned my from blogging.
P.S.S.S With that being said, I found this test on my friend Ginger's blog. I thought it was appropriate to take it. The first time I took it I scored a 70%. When I took it to get the code, I only scored a 65%. I don't know what happened in the few hours that passed, but the 5 point loss sounds a little better to me.
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Online Dating





2 comments:
Hey! I have this saved as a post to put on this week. It figures we would think alike. BUT, I am only 64% addicted.
I've had to tell Katelyn not to touch Zackary's diapers. Zackary is into taking his own diaper off and digging his hands in his diaper. Have any ideas how to stop that?
Post a Comment