Monday, May 5, 2008
Tagged By Holly
What is the best thing you cooked last week?
Spicy Nacho Bake was the only thing I cooked last week. We all got sick on Tuesday and ended up eating soup and take out the rest of the week. Just so you know, it wasn't the spicy nacho bake that made us sick.
If time, money, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who? We would rent a beach house in Lincoln City, OR for the whole summer and just hang out.
When was the last time you cried? I honestly don't remember the last time I had a really hard cry. I got a little teary on Sat.
List 5 things you were doing 10 years ago.
1. I was attending the singles ward and hating every minute of it.
2. I was having fun with my college friends.
3. I was finishing up my Jr. year at UNLV. I was actually attending my classes instead of hanging out at the institute all day.
4. In May of 1998 I went to NY with my friend Robyn. We spent the week racking up charges on our visa, seeing plays and having fun.
5. I was working as a long term substitute at a Jr. High school. I taught computers to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. It was a year round school, so I had the job the entire summer. It was that summer that made me decide I would NEVER in a million years teach at a JR. High School ever again once that job was finished.
List 5 things you were doing 5 years ago. (2003)
1. Starting to panic because I realized my Dad's cancer was getting worse.
2. Steve and I were living in our first house and attending a ward that we loved.
3. We were having fun living off a double income, vacationing and doing whatever we wanted! (Don't get me wrong. We love having kids, we are just really glad we had a few years to enjoy one another.)
4. I was serving as the first counselor in our RS presidency.
5. I was teaching 3rd grade.
List 5 things you were doing 1 year ago.
1. Worrying that I was going to miscarry because my hormone levels were dropping.
2. Puking my guts out because I was put on Prometrium to sustain the pregnancy.
3. Enjoying Thomas
4. Loving my mom a little extra because she was spending all her free time at our house doing our laundry and cooking dinners for us.
5. Loving Steve a little more because he didn't care that I sat around in sweats all day, every day.
List 7 of your favorite hobbies.
1. Sewing
2. baking / cooking
3. gardening (new one)
4. photography
5. playing with Thomas and Clara
6. Watching trashy reality TV shows, you know...The Bachelor, The Hills
7. Sleeping
List 5 favorite foods.
1. dark chocolate
2. sushi rolls
3. A good salad that is pre-tossed with bite size pieces of lettuce.
4. Orange Chicken
5. Cheesecake
Name 5 place you have been.
These are places, not cities
1. The Sacred Grove
2. The Eiffel Tower
3. Buckingham Palace
4. Anne Frank's Hideaway
5. Oregon Coast (probably my favorite)
List 5 of your favorite memories.
1. When they placed Thomas on my stomach after he was born. The birth was not a great memory because the epidural didn't work and unfortunately watching "A Baby Story" wasn't a good labor preparation. I guess they have those classes for a reason.
2. Clara's whole birth. It was so easy and fast. When she came out I was able to hold her for just a second and then they handed her to Steve while they finished me up. I will never forget Steve holding her and talking to her for the first time.
3. Meeting Steve for the first time. I knew I was going to marry him.
4. Taking all the stairs up to the top of Notre Dame and looking out at Paris with Steve.
5. Any Saturday morning when all 4 of us hang out in our bed and talk. I guess Clara doesn't really talk, but she lays there with us.
Okay, I tag everyone who is on my link list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Someone else who likes The Bachelor?! I thought I was the only fan hanging on for all 132 seasons. It's so dumb, but I love it. So, Shayne or the one with no emotions??
I love your list! I like hearing how much you enjoy all the stages of your life. (except the singles ward, of course) You're so real.
I'm glad you decided on elementary teaching instead of Jr high...YIKES!! That would stink.
I am so glad I am not the only one who watches The Bachelor. Can I tell you how much I love TIVO. I record all those shows and watch them while I am nursing. I really liked Matt until he got rid of Amanda. What is he thinking? If he is looking to be related to Lorenzo Lamas, then by all means, pick Shayne. Who knows about Chelsie. I think she is kind of a whack (sp?) job...then again, they both are. Wanna place bets?
Post a Comment