I remember as a child going to my Grandma and Grandpa's house in Glendora, California. I thought they had the most massive yard. There was so much to explore and so many things to do. As I got older, I realized the yard was not as big as I once thought it was. But, I found that the things that would entertain my cousins and me for hours were still entertaining. I miss that place a lot and I miss my Grandma even more, especially this time of year.
Taking Thomas to Grandmas reminds me of the fun I use to have at my Grandma Helen's. He loves to play in her backyard and is always finding things to get into. He would be completely content if we spent everyday over there playing. Yesterday he found quite a few dandelions and had fun blowing the pods everywhere.
I had fun finding this...
This bird has built a nest in one of my Mom's planters. It just sits there when she walks out there. She knows my mom, and she knows not to be frightened of her. She is afraid of me. I kept trying to get a picture of her, but she would keep flying away. I finally took one from standing inside the doorway.
This is what she has been protecting. I think it is so cool. I am anxious for the little birds to hatch. I can't wait to see them. I was able to get this picture by just sticking my camera up over my head and into the planter, so I didn't disturb anything.





1 comment:
You should frame the egg picture. It is so cool. Maybe you could even make a little bird book with the pictures when the chicks hatch.
Post a Comment