This project has been so much fun. Granted we are only on the 4th day, but each assignment is so easy to work with. Today's assignment was What They Wear. One of the things I have been focusing on a lot is catch lights. For those of you who don't dabble in photography, a catch light is light reflection in your subjects eyes. When I attended the Blue Lily GoPro Workshop in November it was one of the first things they emphasised. A good catch light = an interesting photo.
Anyway...back to the assignment.What they wear. My kids wear clothes. 33% of the time they are clean, 33% I know they are dirty, but I know they will pass and 34% of the time I'm not sure. Laundry is an issue here. This pictures was easy to set up.
.
1. Go to any room - I picked the room with the best light for the time of day.
2. Dump out laundry basket that is guaranteed to be overflowing.
3. Let kids play in clothes.
.
Clara loves a big pile of clothes to snuggle in. It doesn't matter if they are clean or dirty. Many times I have found her curled up in our dry cleaning basket playing her leapster. Other times I have yelled firmly told her to stop messing around in the clean laundry piled all over the couches. If there is a big pile of clothes she will gravitate towards it.






6 comments:
Great photo. I, too, am starting to focus more on catch lights. Mind sharing how you accomplished the great ones in your daughter's eyes? {Thanks for the visit to my site.}
I can't wait to have kids so I can take pictures like this! She is so cute.
Great job at catching the light in the eyes.
Your babies . . . they are adorable. This is a great image . . . she looks a little mischievous and spunky!
"But Mommas da' laundry smells so goods."
giggle
The colors in that pic are amazing - not just her hair and her eyes, but the laundry.
I left a little shout out for you on my blog. I expect pictures. ;D
I agree, the colours in that photo are stunning. I can see that you really are enjoying this photography course. Oh! Tell Clara to go and have another look at the little mouse on my sidebar!
GORGEOUS photo! The colors are so vivid with her beautiful red hair.
My LB loves to be naked. Either that or wearing every loud piece of clothing she owns.
Post a Comment