Question: Do you know how hard it is to get a beauty shot of a waffle iron?
One of my favorite gifts of the heart from Steve has been this waffle iron.
Before Steve and I had kids we traveled. A lot. Both of us would often come home on a Friday night and decide that we wanted to get out of town. We were DINKS (that's double income no kids) - we could, so we would. We would drive down to the beach and spend the weekends walking on the sand, eating seafood on the pier and searching antique stores for vintage cookie jars. It was great.
Being the big dorks that we are, we always enjoyed a good hotel breakfast. Before we would check into a hotel we would search the breakfast room to see if they had a waffle iron. If they did we would stay. If they didn't we would high tail it out of there and check the hotel down the street. This was back in the early 2000's, hotel waffle irons weren't as common as they are today.
Fast forward a few years. Our impromptu traveling had become a thing of the past. We were now a family of 3 and we were down to one income. One morning I came downstairs to find this fancy waffle maker on the counter. It wasn't a special occasion. My awesome husband bought it for me because he loves me and thought I would enjoy it.
And I have.






3 comments:
Love this! The story and the "beauty" shot. Best kind of present ever. Just because...:)
FYI... now you're "SILK" like us.... single income, lotsa kids!
Aaaaw!! Lovely story Amy. Now that's REAL love for you! I loved it.
Post a Comment