Thursday, February 3, 2011

Joy of Love

One of the blogs I read recently posted about an online photo class. I clicked on the link and was thrilled to find out it was free. Hot digity!!! Ever day during the month of February, Willette sends a photo assignment to complete. I have not had the chance to post, so I am posting 3 days worth of assignments.
The idea of the class is to take a picture of someone or something you love everyday. Each day they assign a theme. Follow the theme, take the picture - pretty easy (Jenn D - do it). The pictures do not have to be the same person or the same thing everyday, it can be various things. There is still time to sign up. Click here to play along.

Assignment Day 3: Show how they have changed.

There are few things in life as sad as baby shoes. Don't get me wrong, baby shoes are adorable and so much fun when babies are around. But babies grow up. Then 6 years later you pull the baby shoes out of your secret drawer and you cry. The first question that always comes to my mind is "How did they ever fit into these?"

Assignment Day 2: What they look like.

I don't know how many people stop me and comment on the color of my kids' hair. When I have one of them, it happens. When I have both of them together, I can't walk into a store without some cute little old lady stopping to talk to me and tell me about her grandbaby who has red hair, but not "that" color red. Then the questions start, "Who has red hair in your family?" I've learned not to say, "My husband had red hair" because someone once thought he must be dead because I used the word had. When I say had I say it meaning that he was a red-head up until his late 20's, then it started to morph into something else - more of a brown. Now that he has entered his 40's, it's beginning to morph into another color - I think it looks pretty hot.
For this picture I wanted the sun to be shining directly on Thomas' hair so that it would accentuate the color. I often think it looks like I've crushed up a bunch of pennies and rubbed them all over his head.
Assignment Day 1: What they do.

I think I have already established that this is what Clara does every time I pull out the camera to get a picture of her. So when I read the assignment and saw that I was to shoot a picture of what they do - I let her do her thing. No bribing involved.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Your pictures ROCK! I love all of them. I can't pick a favorite. I'm loving this Joy of Love class and seeing what everyone is shooting. So fun!

Kimberly June said...

I love your "Then and Now" picture. Very creative. :)

SkippyMom said...

You are MADE for these assignments :D

And Clara - well, I have an 18 year old that still poses goofily everytime I take out my camera. Did you see my post from last Saturday when we visited her at college? Yeah, that.

The baby shoes picture makes me want to go and do all of our kids. Wow, such a great idea Amy. [Mine wouldn't look as good, but I like the thought. :)]

Pamela said...

I love all these photos!! And I love Red Heads!! Another reason to love your blog. My hubs has a great red beard, but brown hair ~ which is turning grey. Oh, I love it!!

jen@odbt said...

LOVE your then and now shot. What a great idea. I am going to try that but first have to find their baby shoes.

Steff said...

I LOVE the then and now one! I wouldn't have even thought of that, great job.

You have such cute kiddos! I've ALWAYS wished I had red hair like that.

Southhamsdarling said...

Great photos, but they they always are, so you are made for this assignment. The one with the baby shoes is very clever! Yes, your adorable children DO have wonderful coloured red hair, and I can imagine people stopping you!! Clara looks a hoot!