There have been a few times when I see characteristics of myself in Thomas. He is an exact replica of his father, but I am finding more and more that he has the same habits and quirks that I do. It is probably becuase we spend all day together. One of my bad habits is eating cookies, cake, or anything sweet in the morning. I prefer my morning "sneak" to be chocolate. I enjoy the nice pick me up the caffine gives me. I have been trying to kick this habit and have actually been doing pretty well.
This morning, we all woke up and were upstairs. I went into Clara's room to nurse her and he came in with me. We like to sit and look out the window while I feed her. It has been so beautiful here lately. All the trees are blossoming and we love counting how many popcorn trees we see. After about 5 minutes he was done with this activity and decided to make his way downstairs by himself.
After I finished feeding her I went downstairs. As soon as I came down, I saw the chair pulled over to the stove. I knew exactly what he was into. I had made brownies for Steve's EQ meeting last night and Thomas had found the leftovers.
I did not doctor any of these pictures, this is exactly what I found. As you can see, he left the knife in the pan but he was kind enough to cover the brownies back up with the plastic wrap after he was finished cutting his own piece. I have taught him well, we don't like things to dry out around here.





3 comments:
That is such a cute, tender story. Sounds like Max. Some Saturday mornings when I just can't drag myself out of bed - he goes out to play by himself. then, I hear him open the fridge and say 'Mommy - I'm going to make myself eggs!' That is when I JUMP out of bed to find him hauling the cart of eggs out of the fridge. Kids are too funny.
Hey guys I found your blog on my sisters page. Your kids are so cute. Thomas eats my favorite thing for breakfast.
That's my favorite thing for breakfast or really any time of the day. I love your brownies. Kids are so fun. I love how he didn't even think that there was one thing wrong with getting himself a brownie.
Post a Comment