Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nothing like the smell of puke to wake you up


This morning I woke up to hearing Thomas crying in his room. I didn't want him to wake up Steve who had to be up early for a meeting, so I stumbled down he hall and went into his room to try and stop him from coming into our room and climbing into bed with us. I opened up his door and was greeted by the wonderful smell of sickness. Poor little Thomas was sitting in his bed covered in puke. I felt so bad for him.

I got him out of bed and took him into the bathroom to clean him up. I was sitting on the toilet and he was standing in front of me. He was just looking at me and still kind of in a daze. At one point he took my knees and pushed them together to create a "lap" and laid his head down on my knees. Poor little guy.

So here it is 8:30 on a Sunday morning (really it is only 7:30 because of daylight savings) and I have been up for quite a while. I have been up long enough to change the sheets, do 2 loads of laundry, run to Smiths to get 7-up and crackers, and put some laundry away - and eat a leftover brownie from last night.

Hopefully, this is just something he ate and not the stomache flu. The last think we need over here is everyone getting sick.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

If it is any consolation, I was throwing up that day too... Max had to take care of me! He got me blankets, and brought me a trash can so I could just be by the couch. What a sweetheart!