Sunday, March 9, 2008

Caillou is banned from our home!


One of the tv shows that Thomas watches is Caillou. If there is someone reading this blog who is not a parent, Caillou is a show about an obnoxious 4 year old little boy and his many adventures. As an added bonus for adults who are forced to watch with their children, he also has the most annoying voice in the history of childrens telivision.
I wrote in a recent post about the problem we were having with Thomas staying in his bed becuase he said there were spiders. Over the past week or so we have had more problems with him staying in bed. The excuses for getting out of bed have now evolved into monsters and strange noises.
This morning, Steve was watching an episode of Caillou we had saved on the TIVO. I have watched these episodes we have saved over and over, but I usually just block them out and work on something else while he is watching. Steve, being the great dad he is, actually watched the episode with him. Guess what it was about? Caillou kept on getting out of bed becuase of spiders, monsters, and strange noises. He was using the same excuses as Thomas has been using this past week. Steve came into the room where I was and announced that Caillou was off limits and has been deleted from the TIVO. Way to go, Dad! I guess we just need to figure out how to break the news to Thomas.
Flu update: Looks like Thomas just had eaten something bad. He is up and playing around and not acting like he is sick at all. Hopfully we have seen the end to puking in this home for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen said...
Sponge Bob Square Pants is banned in our house for inappropriate topics of conversation. Not fond of Caillou either. His voice is always so whiny.