Thursday, March 20, 2008

Snot, Boogers, and Mucus, Oh My!

Wednesday night we put Thomas to bed around 7:30. He was tired and cranky so everyone was ready to let him get some sleep. Steve and I watched some TV, and then I went to bed. I was laying in bed and could hear the joyful sounds of Thomas breathing through his snot. I knew where this was heading, so I went into his room to get him and give him a breathing treatment. If anybody else deals with nebulizers and breathing treatments, you know you are committing yourself to a couple of sleepless hours because of the side effects of the steroids. We gave him the treatment, watched a couple of his shows and had a late night snack. Around 1:00am he was ready for bed, so off he went.

I went into our room to go to sleep and could hear that #2, Clara, was a little snotty. I figured, I am up now so why not stay up. I got her up and gave her a breathing treatment as well. She had RSV when she was 3 weeks old, so we are very aware of her lungs and breathing issues. After the treatment I nursed her and then sat up with her until 2:30. FINALLY - everyone was asleep so I could go to bed. I thought for sure I would be able to sleep in because Thomas had been up during the night.

Wrong. He was up by 6:50 and ready for the day. He didn't feel well, but still played around the house. I was a wreck. Needless to say I spent the day in my pj's wiping snot, changing diapers, and giving breathing treatments.

And I loved every minute of it!

So here is my question for those of you who want to comment. WHY is it that kids don't start getting really sick until night?

Discuss...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think kids know. My girls still do it. I just get in bed and then they start. No fun. Hopefully this will all pass. Our kids all have allergies this time of year. YucK!!