Thomas: Mom, do you have another baby in your tummy?
Me: No, Thomas.
Thomas: Does Daddy?
Me: No, Daddies don't have babies.
Thomas: Let me see your tummy.
I lift up my shirt to show off my war wounds from two pregnancies that have left my stomach looking like a road map because of the amount of stretch marks.
Thomas: Oh Mom, your tummy is all smashed up. What happened? Your belly button looks funny. Why does it look like that?...
He continued to go on and on and obsess over my mangled midsection until I changed the subject - and told him I would never feed him again if he ever said anything like that again.






5 comments:
Kids are so cruel.
I just emailed my Mom the link to your blog. She'll be excited. I'm so glad you stalked me. :)
Your kids are so cute!
Don't you love kids and their honesty, and what they do to our bodies?
I can totally relate to that! I am very impressed by your blog. I am a novice at all things scrapbooking/blogging/computer related etc. Yours is beautiful. Your kids are TOO cute.
Now that I have stopped being pregnant or nursing after 3 years, I have the mommy chest and mommy tummy, plus I gained back weight since I am not using up the extra calories nursing. It's all such a joy but my 2 kids are worth it and I know your 2 kids are too. :)
It is a good thing kids are so cute, it takes some of the sting out of their honesty.
Post a Comment