Recently, I started to get up early in the morning to exercise (okay, I 'll be honest, I started yesterday, but hey...2 days down). Prior to this week, I would drag myself out of bed and get on the hamster track when I felt like it. That wasn't working for me, so I decided to actually set an alarm (gasp!). If you know me well, I haven't had an alarm clock next to my bed since the teaching days (hopefully you don't know me that well because that means you have been in my room that looks like a tornado swept through). My kids are my alarm clock now.
Anyways, I digress...
This morning I had my alarm set to go off at 6:00 and at 5:30 I heard the joyous sounds of my 3-year old, wide awake and ready for the day. Steve and I tried in vain to get him back into his bed, but it just wasn't going to happen. I finally gave up and took him downstairs with me. I figured he could watch me do my pilates workout.
I had no idea that he had the talents of a personal trainer. I was laying on the floor doing the "100" and he was right next to me cheering me on. At one point he got right up in my face and told me how great I was doing. My favorite was when he told me...
"Mom, you look just like those ladies on the T.V.!"
What? Did he just say I looked like the skinny ladies in the spandex leotards. The skinny ladies with the 6-packs! He must be mistaken. I have a six pack, but unfortunately it is a six pack of jello-pudding! Oh, how I love him.
So here is the deal, ladies (and men if you are reading). Thomas is now being rented out as a personal trainer. He will stand by your side as you exercise and tell you all the things you want to hear. He will tell you you're beautiful! He will tell you that you can bounce a quarter off you heinie, or that your love handles are just misplaced muscle. He will even make you laugh by attempting to do the exercises with you.
As his personal manager, I have decided that his fee will be $30.00/ half hour. He is available each morning from 7:30-9:30 a.m.. The only stipulation is that you live close by, so he can ride his tricycle to your home.





2 comments:
Sounds like my kind of guy! Maybe we could strike a deal where he just travels to Henderson Saturdays and I pay 45/hr. I do great on Tues and Thurs with a group but never make it up on Sat am. I'm in!
oops, I misquoted and didn't intend to low-ball his services. I meant: 45 each 1/2 hour.
Post a Comment