Monday, June 30, 2008

Just a little question.


If you know me at all, you know I am a very curious person. VERY. Here are a couple of examples of what my curiosity has gotten me in the past. 1. I once had a boyfriend once break up with me because he said I was too nosey (no skin off my back, Steve is way better than he ever was) 2. One year for Christmas, Steve gave me a Gladys Kravitz spy kit he created as a gag gift. It came complete with a sun visor that had binoculars built into it, and a pair of “spy ears." Believe it or not, they really worked. You could hear conversations going on in the next room. (Oh, how I love him, he knows me so well.) Aside from my restaurant-style waffle iron, the spy kit was one of my favorite gifts he has ever given me. So, I totally own up to the fact that I am a very “INTERESTED” person (puts a nicer spin on things, don't ya think).


Here is what has been keeping me up at night. I know the majority of people who read this blog. I have active meter and one of my favorite things to do is scope out who has been reading. I am thrilled when I attract a new reader. Even better, I feel as though I just got invited to sit at your table in the lunchroom when I see that you return to read again. If you have Google Reader, I am none the wiser if you have visited or not, but I would love to know.


So here it is people - Who the heck is reading this blog? I swore I would never send this question out into cyber space, but alas, I can not change who I am. I am just too stinking curious. I know I need to mind my own business, Steve says that to me all the time, but I just can't (Do you know how hard it is being married to the EQ president who knows ALL, but is a vault and is really good at keeping things confidential?!) So please, for the love of Pete and all his friends…Who’s out there?


Please know that your comment brings me great joy and I will by jumping up and down in my I-stay-at-home-and-don’t-always-shower-until-30-minutes-before-Steve-gets-home-pants pants. If you don’t comment, I’ll go eat a gallon of Ben and Jerry’s Brownie Batter Ice Cream, and you really don’t want to be responsible for that, do you?

Update: I'm going to add a little incentive. I love blog give-aways, so if you leave a comment I will put your name in a drawing for a pair of britches or bloomers for your child. What a deal, folks! I'll leave the drawing open until Friday night at midnight. (Wow, I feel like a professional blogger!)

26 comments:

i said...

I didn't know you could buy a whole gallon of B& J's!?!? So does that mean 8 4 serving containers? For your sake, I hope all of the stalkers out there fess up. I too wonder and find out as much info from my tracker as possible, but still, some I will never know of. I did eat some brownie b& j's today...probably to drown my sorrows. Good luck!

Karen said...

Well, you already know that I read your blog and I do make comments but I found this post particularly interesting. When I sent my "Who's stalking my blog" I got some good responses and now my comments seem to be flourishing. :) Hope the same goes for you. Love those comments!

Amy said...

Julie, You caught me, I they don't sell whole gallons - Thank goodness for that, but I would buy 8 pints - that would equal a gallon. That would also cost a bit of money. Albertsons is having a special, 2 for $5. So I guess we are looking at $20! When you figure it like that, that stuff is expensive!

Karen, Yes I know you read, so you were a given. I swear though - I really am looking for information rather than the amount of comments. Although a nice comment from a long lost friend does bring a smile to my face!

The Bohne's said...

I've been stalking your blog for quite some time now, and I must say I love reading your blog because you ALWAYS make me laugh. I don't generally leave comments because I'm rather dull and draw a blank on anything clever to say. So, I confess, I read your blog religiously, and will continue to do so.

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

You know I read, but I want in the drawing!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Amy
I really want those bloomers

Love
Ashton

Anonymous said...

I'll fess up, I read, and I laugh, and I love how you wrtie! Thanks for the smiles :)

LauraJ

Amy said...

Yvonne and Laura! Two readers I didn't know about! That puts me up to maybe 8 readers - 9 if I count myself. Wonder what number I have to be at for ad-sponsers?

Anonymous said...

Alright you know I read your blog all the time. Your posts are always so funny.

I want in the drawing the bloomers and britches are so cute.
Kristie

i said...

I just saw your update...Do I get to be in the drawing twice for leaving 2 comments?? j/K :)

Anonymous said...

I READ YOUR BLOG TOO. I HAVE LEFT A COUPLE COMMENTS BUT USUALLY JUST READ AND GO. IF IT WILL MAKE YOU JUMP A LITTLE HIGHER, I ONLY READ 3 BLOGS; KAREN, MY OTHER SISTER AND YOU.

Luke and Mel said...

I finally left a comment after you posted all of the cute dresses you sewed for Clara but I will comment again because the drawing is awesome. I even sent my mom to check out the post so she could see how talented you are. Of course, knowing your mom, that really isn't a surprise. I love your funny posts.

Merrill Family said...

I always read, but I don't always comment. I am lazy I guess. I would love to be entered in your blog giveaway.

nickel... said...

Commenting commenting commenting!!!

I'm an obsessive reader my dear. I have only allowed you a small taste of my enjoyment of all things amy in order to not scare you.

uhh....too late?!? :)

Anonymous said...

I read your blogs!!!! I think they are fun! plus its nice to keep up with you and you family since I dont get to see you all very often ;)

Anonymous said...

i wrote a really long comment, were is it? i do want those bloomers or britches. I think you are wonderful. where is that comment, I said you could write for the news, or a magazine, or even better have your own magazine. of course you would do all the writing, sewing, crafts etc. give me those cute things you sew and no one will get hurt.
t.

Danielle said...

I read ... and I check everyone's blogs several times a day ... guess that says alot about what I should be doing instead of sitting on the computer. :) I guess I just fine that everyone else's life is much more interesting than mine! :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. It makes your family seem not so far away. Keep up the good work.
J McBride

The Piet Girls said...

I read your blog, but you knew that. Your blog always makes me laugh. I have often wondered the same thing. I put that Active Meter on my blog and I just have to know who is Huntington Beach, CA????? I thought about posting a similar blog just to find out because it's killing me! Also you have to show me how to make a cute title/picture for the top of my blog. Yours is adorable!

Amy said...

I hear you, Gina!. The person from Huntington Beach is going from your blog to mine, so if you find out, do tell. I also have someone from Back East that has me linked on their blog, but when I try to access theirs, they have it set as private. It is killing me! I want to know who and what's "ALMOSTEXCITING!"

So if you see this comment, AE - drop a comment and let me know who you are. I would love to get to know you, if I already don't.

Carolyn said...

This is funny and so true! I wish I knew who on earth would be reading my blog also. Well I got my little taste of Amy while in Vegas, and now I'm a fan, so count me in as a full time reader. You are great. And I totally feel like I already won my very own personal giveaway with the dresses!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you! Plus thanks for babysitting!

Me said...

you know I stalk your blog, so that's nothing new. I just love you and you brighten my day. Count me in on the give away!

Robyn said...

OK, so I've been stalking your blog, too. It's better than late night TV! I sent it to Amber as well and told her she'd never read such insightful words as yours! Do the bloomers come in hot pink....I'm so excited!
robyn

Jess said...

I just started stalking your blog and I love it. I met you at Jamie's shower. I am Kevin's wife and I found your blog through Holly's.

Amy said...

Welcome to the party, Jess. I remember you and your cute baby. I just went and read your blog and cracked up at the yo-gabba-gabba post. I hate that show, but my son thinks its great!

Pants said...

Hello, woman who I still think of as Amy O, this is Amy G.'s (née "J.") cousin Nancy. So I got to you from her. How fun!