Thursday, June 5, 2008

Everyone's a Comedian


Last night, Steve was gone and I was getting Thomas into bed. He had already gotten up a few times using the normal stall tactics, and had been sent back to bed after each one. First it was hunger, then thirst, then monsters. He was finally in bed and I was downstairs nursing Clara.

Thomas (yelling from his room) : Mom, Knock Knock
Me: Thomas, go to bed
Thomas: Mom, Knock Knock
Me: Who’s there?
Thomas: I’ve been working on the railroad.

He doesn’t really get how to deliver the whole joke, only the punch line.

Me: Okay, Thomas, It’s time to go to bed
Thomas: Mom
Me: What?
Thomas: Knock Knock
Me: No more knock knock jokes, go to bed.

Pause

Thomas: Mom
Me: What?
Thomas: Ding Dong

3 comments:

Karen said...

I call Katelyn the "Master of Distraction." Kids are so good at that. That was really smart of Thomas, cute boy!!

Me said...

heehee that's pretty clever!

Aaron Waite said...

That's hilarious. What a smart kid!