Last night we took ol’ Gramps down to Roxy’s, A fifties Diner in the Stratosphere, to celebrate his birthday. I know what you are thinking, 1. Our Family is way too classy to be hanging out down at the Stratosphere. 2. Wow, they lived to tell about it!
We had a blast at this little burger joint. The food was okay, but the homemade potato chips were incredible. I would have stuffed all the leftovers in the diaper bag, but I restrained myself from doing so.
Here are a few highlights from the evening. Sorry about the red tint to everything. It's just one of the hazards of living in Las Vegas!
No, we don't give Clara dead rats to chew on, it is a pickle and she LOVED it. I think I am going to start carrying a jar in my diaper bag because it kept her entertained for a good 30 minutes.
Highpoint of the evening: The restaurant has singing waiters and a disc jokey to keep the party going. Believe it or not, the singers were actually pretty good. This guy was the DJ, he came over to the table to wish Grandpa Chuck a happy birthday and have everyone sing to him. Then he took it a step further, he put on the old song "The Name Game" for everyone to sing to him. The joke didn't go over as well as he had planned. However, I was secretly giggling to myself because I have a very demented sense of humor and it brought back memories of my friends and I singing that song with names that would eventually make us swear.





1 comment:
You look totally skinny (not that you aren't already skinny)in that picture of you and Steve! Also, I crave donuts whenever I read your blog!
Post a Comment